Recipe by shayC130
Once again, mixed up some of my favorite ingredients for a side dish to go with steak dinner.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this pretty much as given, although I did cut the Miracle Whip & the sour cream back to 1/3 cup each! Oh, yeah, I also used new potatoes & left them unpeeled, since we do like that part of the vegetable! Maybe not as pretty a casserole with the pieces of peel throughout, but definitely more nutritious, I thought! The topping was a definite plus, & the recipe is certainly worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (4 tbsp.)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chives (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup potato chips, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave peeled potatoes for 3 min to make cutting easier, and then cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- In large mixing bowl, mix potatoes, 1 cup cheddar cheese, miracle whip, sour cream, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cream of chicken, chives and butter. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Evenly pour mixture into a 9x13 casserole pan. Remember to grease if it not non stick.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees or until potatoes are tender.
- Add remaining cup shredded cheddar and 1/2 cup crumbled potato chips and bake additional 5-10 minutes, or until top is almost golden brown.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes then serve as side dish!