Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This potato dish is a little putsy to make but well worth the effort. They are delicious.
Make and share this Creamy Cheesy Potato Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large potatoes, baked in foil and cooled
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (American processed cheese)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper (and other seasoning to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced dried parsley
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced & fried until crisp (set aside)
- 3⁄4 cup green olives, drained (set aside)
- Bake potatoes; cool and peel and cut into chunks.
- Place into a 9x12-inch baking pan.
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onions in medium saucepan and cook on low until cheese has melted and ingredients have blended together.
- Pour over potatoes and mix gently.
- Sprinkle top with reserved olives and bacon.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley.
- Bake at 350°F until hot and bubbly, about 30 to 40 minutes.
This was a very good potato bake but I wish I had covered it to bake because the top got way too brown. I would have liked the sauce to have a creamier consistency and it may have if I had covered it to bake. I halved the recipe using only 3 large potatoes and mixed the bacon right in with the cheese sauce. I didn't use the green olives either. thanks