Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a tasty, easy sidedish with a cheesy, crispy top.
Make and share this Creamy, Cheesy Potato and Kumara Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 medium large kumara
- 1 onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 250 ml pure cream
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup packaged breadcrumbs
- Slice potatoes and kumara thinly.
- Place into a casserole dish in layers.
- Chop onion & garlic finely and sprinkle over potato and kumara.
- Crumble the stock cube over onion, then add herbs.
- Pour the cream over.
- Follow with the cheese.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly on top.
- Bake in a 180C oven for approx 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and top is golden and crispy.
Love this, I used a large orange kumara & 5 med potatoes. Put a layer or kumara, then potatoes, sprinkled 1/2 the onion & a clove of chopped garlic, sprinkled with a wee bit of chicken stock & repeated the layers. Didn't have fresh herbs so sprinkled with dried and baked 180 for 1 hr. Not a bland layer to be seen. Can't wait to eat the leftovers. Yum. Will definately made again, great when you are having people over for dinner.
loved it, really easy to make and very tasty. I used chicken stock because I was out of vegetable and it was yummy. I added onion through the layers as well as on the top. I probably used extra cheese too to ensure a thick covering on top.
Idea was great. Top layer tasted yummy with all the ingreds in it. Bottom, a bit bland and boring. Perhaps adding salt and pepper to the middle and bottom layer may make those layers more flavourful? I think maybe I would like a 1/4 cup more cheese as well. Anyway, felt good to eat yams (that was the sub we used). I will try one more time w/ S&P and see if that makes it for us. Thanks for your recipe!