Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love cheese in a pasta salad - good with BBQ or for a picnic, or any time you want a creamy pasta salad!
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 3 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
For the Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use low-fat Hellmann's or Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Gently toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise and milk.
- Then add the sugar and vinegar.
- Stir well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours Overnight is even better.
My family loved it! Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe, I eliminated the onion so it would have a longer fridge life and figured the cheese wasn't needed. Maybe add chicken next time, everyone loved it, thank you!!!
I have made this recipe probably close to 20 times by now, and feel like it's only fair to rate it! It's the best pasta salad recipe I have ever tasted. My husband also loves it, not to mention every other person who has tried it. I usually double it and use dill relish (for convenience). I have used both chopped pickles and relish, but found there is really no difference in taste. Thanks for such a great recipe!