- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 3 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
For the Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use low-fat Hellmann's or Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise and milk.
- Then add the sugar and vinegar.
- Stir well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours Overnight is even better.