Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was invented out of desperation. I was making Yopper's Green Chile Stuffed Chicken Breasts (#29059) and needed a simple side dish. I thought a rice dish would be yummy and I opened my pantry and voulah....Creamy, Cheesy Mexican Rice!
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 mins or until hot.
This is good -- I had to substitute a few things to use what I had on hand; I didn't have green chilies or Rotel so I used a can of diced tomatoes and added a handful of frozen diced green/red sweet peppers, and some preshredded colby-jack and taco cheese blends that I had in the fridge. Otherwise I made pretty much as directed and my family liked it. Since it makes a large amount, I think it would be a good dish for a potluck. Thanks for sharing!