- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste) or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and butter.
- Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Stir in cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: Chopped green onions, chopped parsley or cooked, crumbled bacon may be added to mashed potatoes.