1 hr 10 mins
My modifications on an old classic - easy to put together, and yummy comfort food! Please note the title - beware: less is not more here :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (can use half ground pork)
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (light is fine)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton ricotta cheese (fat-free is fine)
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1In a dutch oven or very large skillet, brown the meat. Add the onion powder and garlic and cook a couple of minutes more.
- 2Stir in the tomato sauce, paste, water and seasonings.
- 3Cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- 4With mixer or food processor, mix the cream cheese, ricotta and eggs.
- 5Preheat oven to 350, and spray a large lasagna pan (11x15) with cooking spray.
- 6Layer half the noodles in the bottom of the pan, breaking the noodles as needed.
- 7Add half of the meat sauce, and spread evenly over the noodles.
- 8Gently spread the cream cheese/ricotta mixture evenly over the sauce.
- 9Lay the sliced Mozzarella on top of the cream cheese layer, covering completely.
- 10Lay the remaining lasagna noodles on top of this.
- 11Top with remaining meat sauce.
- 12Sprinkle the Parmesan over the entire casserole.
- 13Bake for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before cutting.
- 14NOTE: You could divide this into two smaller casseroles and freeze one.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy, Cheesy Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.6
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.3 mg
- Sodium 1188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: