This is a creation of mine based on a "day before chicken casserole" I found. By precooking the pasta and the veggies you don't have to let it sit or bake long at all. We like this on Summer nights because the vegetables are so light and the sauce is delicious and it means that the cooktop is only on for 15 minutes and the oven is only on for 15 minutes. Any veggies could be substituted depending on your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) box small shell pasta or 1 (7 ounce) box macaroni or 1 (7 ounce) box pasta, twists
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Healthy Request)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup (Healthy Request)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken breasts, diced (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 3Season with salt and olive oil.
- 4While pasta is cooking, saute the vegetables lightly.
- 5Add the water chestnuts, chicken, soups and milk.
- 6Stir to make a creamy sauce and simmer until pasta is done (about 3 minutes).
- 7Drain the pasta.
- 8Add the sauce and vegetables to the pasta pot and stir to mix.
- 9Fold in the velveeta cubes.
- 10Pour everything into a large, greased casserole dish.
- 11Bake 15 minutes until bubbly.
- 12Serve hot.
- 13To reheat in the microwave, add 1 TBSP of milk and microwave for one minute.
- 14Stir and microwave until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy-cheesy Goodness Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 1064.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g