Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty seafood salad is only minutes away. This recipe comes from Pillsbury Fast and Healthy magazine, June 1996.
- 1 cup chopped crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- lettuce leaf
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In small bowl, combine the crabmeat, onions, celery, garlic powder, pepper, cottage cheese, yogurt and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Place washed and drained lettuce leaves on 2 chilled salad plates.
- Spoon crab mixture onto lettuce and garnish with tomato wedges.
Nice salad, but we found it to be very bland. Another time I would add more seasoning may be some dill and a little dash of seafood sauce to liven it up. Perhaps it would be better if I had used fresh crab, I used canned crab left from the holidays. Thanks for posting I will try it again cus it is low fat and low sugar/carb.
This was perfect for a hot day like today! Thanks Paula!
Paula this salad is wonderful, I doubled the complete recipe and used Greek yogurt added in just a teaspoon of sugar, a few hours minumum chilling time only improves the flavor, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)