Recipe by PaulaG
A tasty seafood salad is only minutes away. This recipe comes from Pillsbury Fast and Healthy magazine, June 1996.
Top Review by Derf
Nice salad, but we found it to be very bland. Another time I would add more seasoning may be some dill and a little dash of seafood sauce to liven it up. Perhaps it would be better if I had used fresh crab, I used canned crab left from the holidays. Thanks for posting I will try it again cus it is low fat and low sugar/carb.
- 1 cup chopped crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- lettuce leaf
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine the crabmeat, onions, celery, garlic powder, pepper, cottage cheese, yogurt and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Place washed and drained lettuce leaves on 2 chilled salad plates.
- Spoon crab mixture onto lettuce and garnish with tomato wedges.