Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
After making way too much homemade chili, I came up with this recipe to use up the leftovers. I haven't seen this one anywhere else, but it is delicious, easy, cheap, and filling.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 ",thick
- 709.77 ml of your favorite chili
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 709.77 ml sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Layer sliced potatoes, chili, cubed cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, and cheddar cheese in a greased casserole dish.
- Repeat layers (like lasagna).
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Allow casserole to set for 20 minutes and serve.
This is a recipe I'll make many times over. So good and filling and a great way to ue up chili!! This is a wonderful find.
A very different recipe and a great way to use up leftover chili. I didn't change a thing and the family gobbled it all up. I will definitely make it again and again.
This was really good- I loved it & so did the kids. Really simple to make- I got two layers in my pan. I did use more potatoes than called for. I served it with cornbread.