This recipe was given to me over 20 years ago by a very dear friend. I am not a huge fan of Mexican food but I love this dish! Definitely NOT low calorie.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups chopped cooked white chicken meat, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mild green chili salsa
- 3 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 large green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13x9" baking dish.
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Top each with some of the chicken, salsa and 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese. Roll tortillas up and arrange seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, Parmesan and Cheddar. Pour half and half over top. Cover loosely with foil and bake until heated through, 35-40 minutes.
- Top each enchilada with 1 tablespoons sour cream. Continue baking, uncovered for five minutes.
- Garnish with green onionn and tomato.