Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me over 20 years ago by a very dear friend. I am not a huge fan of Mexican food but I love this dish! Definitely NOT low calorie.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups chopped cooked white chicken meat, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mild green chili salsa
- 3 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 large green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13x9" baking dish.
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Top each with some of the chicken, salsa and 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese. Roll tortillas up and arrange seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, Parmesan and Cheddar. Pour half and half over top. Cover loosely with foil and bake until heated through, 35-40 minutes.
- Top each enchilada with 1 tablespoons sour cream. Continue baking, uncovered for five minutes.
- Garnish with green onionn and tomato.
This is delicious! I made this for Best of 2011 tag, and I'm so happy that I picked this recipe. It is very easy to make....the hardest part was grating all that cheese! Sending this recipe to my son who is off at college....I think he would enjoy this, plus its so easy to make. Thanks for posting your recipe!
Made these for a park-wide potluck & pretty much followed the recipe on down! However, with all the food that was there, just before serving I cut each into thirds for smaller portions! These very satisfying enchiladas, well-liked by those who chose 'em, & I managed to take home an empty serving dish! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
We really enjoyed these as I thought we would with it being chicken and tons of cheese! Made as written and used Soft Corn Tortillas which was perfect for these enchiladas. Made for I Recommend Tag.