1/1 Photo of Creamy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Skillet
This is a simple, easy recipe I make on nights when I don't feel like making something that's time consuming or when the weather is cold. I also substitute 3 cans (12 oz.) of chicken if I don't have time to cook the chicken breasts. Some variations yield different flavors, ( substituting cream of chicken for broccoli cheese, etc.) so be adventurous! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (although you can substitute cream of broccoli, broccoli cheese, or cheddar cheese soup)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk or 8 ounces half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese (any variety, although I have found a cheddar or colby-jack blend works best)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- egg noodles or rice
- 1Cook chicken and allow to cool. Dice and set aside or use canned chicken and drain.
- 2Mix the soup, sour cream and milk in a mixing bowl with the seasonings listed. Put on stovetop on medium-low and add chicken. Stir occasionally until slightly bubbly. Add the cheese and cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Set temperature to simmer until noodles or rice are done.
- 3Put frozen broccoli in a microwave safe dish and cook, covered until thawed, (usually about 3-5 minutes, depending on microwaves). Drain, if needed, and pour and stir into chicken mixture. (One thing I have done is, I line a glass bowl or dish with about 4 paper towels, and pour the frozen broccoli on the towels. I then cover the dish, and nuke for about 4-6 minutes. When it's done, the broccoli doesn't need draining because the towels absorbed all the liquid from the frozen broccoli).
- 4Prepare egg noodles or rice as directed on packaging.
- 5Serve creamy, cheesy mixture over noodles or rice. I imagine you could serve it over stuffing as well, although I have yet to try it that way. Serve with a salad. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1517.4
- Calories from Fat 902
- Total Fat 100.3 g
- Saturated Fat 50.2 g
- Cholesterol 350.3 mg
- Sodium 3167.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 94.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: