1/1 Photo of Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Farfalle
Faux Domesticity's Note:
This is one of Rob’s favorites, and I’ll be honest and admit it’s one of mine, too. There’s something about the creamy sauce, the fresh tomatoes, and the melted cheese. My goodness. And I have to say anything with bacon is improved exponentially. I’m pretty sure it’s been mathematically proven. A little disclaimer: I never measure anything when I cook. This is a guesstimate of the amounts I use. You can alter this to your tastes if you think that you would want more cheese, less tomatoes, or use ham instead of chicken. I promise I won’t be offended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 4 -5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used Tyson frozen grilled chicken strips)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pint half-and-half
- milk (as needed)
- salt and pepper
- 1With a little oil, sauté the onions over medium low heat in a deep skillet. My preference when cooking onions is to let them get a lot of color.
- 2Next, add the bacon, garlic, and Italian dressing. The dressing makes a nice base for the sauce, but I like to let it simmer for a few minutes like this so the majority of the vinegar taste cooks off.
- 3Add the half and half, you can use fat-free if you would like. It’s important at this step to be sure that your skillet isn’t too hot, as you don’t want the dairy to curdle or separate.
- 4Now it’s time to add your cooked chicken, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and parsley. I added my chicken while it was still mostly frozen, and it still turned out lovely.
- 5Now is the time when you need to decide your preference in sauce. Do you like it a little thicker? Throw in some more cheese. Is it way too gloppy and thick? Add in a splash or two of milk until you get the consistency you like. Once you’re happy, cover your sauce and keep over medium-low heat while you prepare your farfalle. Stir occasionally.
- 6When pasta is done and drained, toss it all together and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Farfalle
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.7
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 1112.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 46.3 g