1 hr 15 mins
Georgia MOM's Note:
This is a recipe from way back that I just jazzed up a little. It goes great with a salad and egg noodles on the side. My kids like to mix the chicken and noodles together. One day I might just fix it that way to begin with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 -3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (onion, peppers, celery-- or chop your own)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Ritz cracker (about 36)
- 1Boil chicken and shred.
- 2Saute seasoning blend in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- 3Stir vegetables together with soups, sour cream, cheese, and finally, shredded chicken.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Spread in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 6Crush crackers, mix with stick of melted butter or margarine.
- 7Crumble over top of casserole.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cheesy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.7
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 213.0 mg
- Sodium 1237.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 46.3 g