Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is very flexible. I'd imagine that you could use vegetables or tempeh instead of beef if you wanted, and different cheeses if you wanted it less creamy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 -8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles al-dente (until they are no longer brittle), drain.
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add sauce to cooked meat.
- Combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Layer half of the noodles in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish (or 2 1/2 quarts).
- Top with half the beef mixture, then half the cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers, then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
I'm so happy I found this recipe again. It is perfect for picky eaters. Flexible to spice up or tone down. A nice base to start you out with for a lasagna, and experiment with if you like.