This is my favorite cheesecake! Plain creamy, creamy, creamy, Oh! Did I say creamy! Found in it Desserts Cooking class cookbook. Tweaked a tiny bit! Best to be made a day ahead of serving. Top it after cooled with 1 cup of Lemon Curd Lemon Curd (Stove Top or Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd, using Shortbread Almond Cookie Crust for the crust.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla sugar (see my flavored sugars Flavored Sugar or Splenda or Lavender Sugar With Vanilla)
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, separated room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Prepare shortbread cookie crumb crust ( Recipe #54869 ).
- Press crust evenly over bottom and sides of greased 8 inch spring form pan.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Place cream cheese, sugar, flour and salt in large mixer, Beat at medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add sour cream, 2 egg yolks, the whole egg, lemon juice and vanilla to cheese mixture, beat at medium speed, until well blended.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in clean bowl at high speed, until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into sour cream mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven until center is almost set and jiggles Slightly, about 1 hour.
- Turn oven off let cake sit in oven with door ajar until cake pan is cooled to room temperature.
- Refrigerate cake uncovered in pan until firm 8 hours to overnight.
- To serve remove from pan.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl till soft peaks form.
- Spread on cake.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Very rich and very creamy. My friends were not able to have more than one piece even though it was delish. This is a hearty dessert. Not for the weight watchers!