1/16 Photos of Creamy Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
This is my favorite cheesecake! Plain creamy, creamy, creamy, Oh! Did I say creamy! Found in it Desserts Cooking class cookbook. Tweaked a tiny bit! Best to be made a day ahead of serving. Top it after cooled with 1 cup of Lemon Curd Lemon Curd (Stove Top or Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd, using Shortbread Almond Cookie Crust for the crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup vanilla sugar (see my flavored sugars Flavored Sugar or Splenda or Lavender Sugar With Vanilla)
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, separated room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1Prepare shortbread cookie crumb crust ( Shortbread Almond Cookie Crust ).
- 2Press crust evenly over bottom and sides of greased 8 inch spring form pan.
- 3Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 4Place cream cheese, sugar, flour and salt in large mixer, Beat at medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 5Add sour cream, 2 egg yolks, the whole egg, lemon juice and vanilla to cheese mixture, beat at medium speed, until well blended.
- 6Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in clean bowl at high speed, until soft peaks form.
- 7Fold egg whites into sour cream mixture.
- 8Pour batter into prepared crust.
- 9Bake in preheated 325°F oven until center is almost set and jiggles Slightly, about 1 hour.
- 10Turn oven off let cake sit in oven with door ajar until cake pan is cooled to room temperature.
- 11Refrigerate cake uncovered in pan until firm 8 hours to overnight.
- 12To serve remove from pan.
- 13Beat whipping cream in small bowl till soft peaks form.
- 14Spread on cake.
- 15Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 169.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: