Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 177.44 ml carrot, shredded
- 177.44 ml celery, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml fresh basil
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley
- 59.16 ml butter
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml potatoes, cubed
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over medium heat, cook and stir in vegetables and beef, until beef is browned.
- Stir in basil, garlic and parsley.
- Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour.
- Add the milk and heavy cream, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in cheese.
- When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through. Do not boil.
Mmmmm..yummy. Everybody loves it. Thank you for posting.