Make and share this Creamy Cheeseburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine over medium heat, cook and stir in vegetables and beef, until beef is browned.
- Stir in basil, garlic and parsley.
- Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour.
- Add the milk and heavy cream, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in cheese.
- When cheese is melted, add sour cream and heat through. Do not boil.