Recipe by Dine & Dish
As the fall weather approaches, I always like to get out the soup recipes. This is a great one for all you cheese lovers out there! Originally from Webchef.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, carrots, and green onion in a Dutch oven pan and heat on medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, flour, dry mustard, and pepper and mix well.
- Stir into chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, till thickened and bubbly.
- Remove 1 cup of the broth from the pan and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese and stir until blended well and cream cheese is almost melted.
- Pour this back into the heated broth mixture and stir well.
- Heat through.
- Just before serving, add sharp Cheddar cheese and stir until all is melted.