Recipe by Barb G.
This is so good and easy to make side dish or main dish. Serve this your favorite sauce or serve plain.
Top Review by Chipfo
This polenta is perfect. I made it exactly as written and it turned out smooth and creamy. Here in Texas we call them grits, my grandmother used to stuff grits into an empty food can and put in the refridgerator, the next morning open the bottom of the can and slide the grits out, slice in into medallions and fry it for breakfast. Very nice recipe I highly recomend it if you like polenta!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal, mixed with 1 cup water (I like to use coarse ground cornmeal or polenta)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute diced onion until limp and glossy,.
- Add the 3 cups water to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in cornmeal and water mixture into the boiling water and WHISK constantly until thick and smooth.
- Let mixture cook, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt.