Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this one on the pasta box. Posting for safe keeping.
- 8 ounces vermicelli
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisply, crumbled
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Drain, cover and set aside.
- In small saucepan, saute green onions in margarine or butter.
- Add milk, cream cheese, parsley, and seasonings.
- Cook, stirring constantly over low heat until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Add cooked pasta to pan; toss with cream cheese mixture and bacon.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This had a great flavor and creamy texture. MY mistake was not starting the sauce while the pasta was cooking. The pasta got clumpy while I was making the sauce. Next time I will know better. Also I would like more onion, but that is just personal preference. Thank you for sharing Eat it up! :D