Recipe by Sharon123
This is a quick and easy cheese and nut appetizer! If you don't have time to chill the mixute so it can be rolled into balls, serve it as a dip, garnished with nuts and additional chutney! Adapted from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 10 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney, chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon or a handheld mixer. Add the cheddar, chutney, half the nuts, and half the parsley and combine thoroughly.
- Chill the mixture overnight, or until very firm.
- The next day, scoop the mixutre out by tablespoons and form into balls. Roll the balls in the reserved nuts and parsley. Small balls can be serve over mild greens and fruit or salad. Enjoy!