Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This stove-top potato side dish will soon be a family favorite!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- In large, nonstick skillet, melt butter.
- Add potatoes and cook over medium heat until ALMOST tender and lightly browned.
- Add salt, pepper, and milk, continuing to cook until milk is absorbed and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese, heating until melted.
- Stir well, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
These were very good and very easy. We add to add more milk b/c the the rest of our meal wasn't ready yet and they thickened up really quickly. Thanks!
Nice speedy way to get cheesy potatoes without all of the oven time and hoping for the right consistency. You are in control the whole time!