Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tangy blue cheese gives real bite and body to this tasty soup. Great served with warm crusty bread.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 stalk celery, washed and chopped
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
- 591.47 ml vegetable stock
- 295.73 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 158.51 ml light cream
- 85.04 g blue cheese
- 28.34 g fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onion, potato, celery and caraway seeds.
- Fry gently for approximately 5 minutes until the onion is softened but not browned.
- Add the stock and milk and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and whizz until smooth, then return to the rinsed saucepan.
- Gently reheat the soup, then stir in the cream. Do not allow to boil.
- Crumble the blue cheese into individual soup bowls and pour over the soup.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
Very good and a bit different! The caraway seeds and blue cheese gave this soup a flavor that you normally don't have in most potato soups. I made this as written, sdding just a bit of salt. Thanx for sharing this great soup!