Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Taste of Home.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked noodles
- In a 3 quart slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with noodles.
Had this last night. I love coming home to find supper ready. Very nice, the meat was tender and the sauce flavorful. Included with my copy of this recipe is a suggestion to add an envelope of ranch dressing/dip mix and 1 tbsp. of dill with the sour cream. Sounds good, I think I will try that next time.