Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Another autumn/winter favorite of mine.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 head celery, washed and chopped (include the leaves!)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- salt, as needed, to taste
- In a large soup pot over med-high heat, melt butter; add celery, onion, garlic, carrots, and apple and saute for 6-7 minutes.
- Add broth, pepper, thyme and rosemary to pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until all veggies are very tender.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese cubes. Heat and stir on low until cream cheese is melted.
- Puree (using hand blender/blender/food processor) to desired consistency. (I usually puree a little over half of mine, but you can make it as smooth as desired).