Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From most recent book. Haven't tried.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into floretes, along with the finely chopped stems
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat,.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and whisk in sour cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and serve hot. Or chill in the refrigerator and serve cold.
This soup is quite easy to prepare but I felt like it was missing something, however I am not sure what it needs. I made as directed but rather than using a blender, I used an immersion blender. I tasted the soup and then added a touch of dill which was nice. Maybe the flavour will be more intense once this soup sits over night. Thx for posting.