Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
From Weight Watchers, "Make it in Minutes". Very tasty and very easy to make! I have made it with both fat-free & regular half & half. Works well with either.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped, white portion, substitute 1 1/2 C onions
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 32 ounces cauliflower, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half, sub. fat free
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and chop the leeks and celery.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick sauce pan, over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and celery, stir frequently, cook until softened, not browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the broth and cauliflower, bring to boil. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In batches or with a blender stick, puree to desired texture. You may want to spoon out and reserve some cauliflower pieces for added texture.
- Stir in half & half and nutmeg and blend.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.