Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Weight Watchers, "Make it in Minutes". Very tasty and very easy to make! I have made it with both fat-free & regular half & half. Works well with either.
- Clean and chop the leeks and celery.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick sauce pan, over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and celery, stir frequently, cook until softened, not browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the broth and cauliflower, bring to boil. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In batches or with a blender stick, puree to desired texture. You may want to spoon out and reserve some cauliflower pieces for added texture.
- Stir in half & half and nutmeg and blend.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
Oh man is this soup good. Even with the small amount of half and half used, it tastes rich and creamy. I used butter rather than olive oil but that's the only change I made.