Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
So Awesome, I put Velveta Cheese in mine. So easy to make, and a great winter comfort soup ! I vary a little with the White Sauce , you may want to use a little more butter & flour, depending how thick you want your soup.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- Velveeta cheese (optional)
- Bring chopped cauliflower to boil with Chicken broth, simmer till tender.
- While cauliflower is simmering Saute onion,Carrot, and Celery in 1/4 Celsius butter,in Sauce Pan, when tender add to Cauliflower mixture.Continue to simmer.
- Melt 1/4 Celsius Butter in Sauce Pan , add 1/2 c.Flour , slowly add 4 cups of milk to make the White Sauce. Once thickened add to Cauliflower Mixture.
- Add Velveta Cheese if you want the chessy flavor. Simmer for about 15 minutes longer. Enjoy !
I made this today for our lunch and followed the directions except for cutting it in half. I did add some cubed up Velveeta and DH and I totally enjoyed this. Next time I might add a little more seasoning but this was quite tasty. It still makes quite a lot for two even after cutting in half. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.