Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in TOH Simple & Delicious by Trisha Kruse. Sounds like an easy and hearty soup served with a salad and Ham and Swiss Biscuits which I will submit. I would use fresh cauliflower, carrots and fresh minced onions if available and chicken stock for 2 cups of the water and bouillon...but posting as written.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, onion, bouillon and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the milk, soup, garlic powder and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gruadually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
OMGoodness is this delicious! True comfort food on this dreary Nor'easter stormy day. The recipe is spot on. I opted to pulverize the carrots and celery to keep DH from picking them out. I used white extra sharp cheddar cheese and I have to say the flavors mingled together are amazing. Made for the Australia - New Zealand Recipe Swap October 2013.