Recipe by mama smurf
Found in TOH Simple & Delicious by Trisha Kruse. Sounds like an easy and hearty soup served with a salad and Ham and Swiss Biscuits which I will submit. I would use fresh cauliflower, carrots and fresh minced onions if available and chicken stock for 2 cups of the water and bouillon...but posting as written.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
OMGoodness is this delicious! True comfort food on this dreary Nor'easter stormy day. The recipe is spot on. I opted to pulverize the carrots and celery to keep DH from picking them out. I used white extra sharp cheddar cheese and I have to say the flavors mingled together are amazing. Made for the Australia - New Zealand Recipe Swap October 2013.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, onion, bouillon and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the milk, soup, garlic powder and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gruadually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.