Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Untried. From an old Betty Crocker Cookbook
- 2 lbs cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Break cauliflower into florets.
- Heat first amount of water to boiling; add cauliflower, celery, onion and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Blend vegetable mixture in blender or with hand blender until smooth.
- Heat margarine in saucepan over low heat; stir in flour, cook stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining amount of water; heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable mixture, bouillon, pepper and nutmeg; heat just to boiling.
- Stir in cream; heat but do not boil.
- Serve with grated cheese if desired.