Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty, simple soup recipe that even cauliflower haters will enjoy - my brother did and he would not touch cauliflower normally!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 liters chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 50 ml double cream
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in butter.
- Add flour and cook slowly for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, nutmeg, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- Add the cream. Heat through and serve.
My first attempt at cauliflower soup and I most pleased! I had to use up half a head of cauliflower so I made your soup but for 4 servings. It is delicious and didn't change anything. I'm just not too sure about the paprika and will make it without it the next time. Thanks for sharing an easy and tasty soup!!
A home run! I made this recipe without potato (didn't have on hand) and without the paprika. I also served it with bacon cheese toasts (cut good artisan bread pile bacon pieces on bread and top with Monterrey Jack cheese; broil till cheese is bubbly.) It was so tasty. Wow! Great recipe. A keeper.
This is delicious without any cream, and even better with. :-) I added a diced leek with the onions and used my stick blender to puree--I was not opposed to having some texture, but it turned out perfectly smooth. I love the nutmeg and paprika flavorings.