Recipe by Marychef
A tasty, simple soup recipe that even cauliflower haters will enjoy - my brother did and he would not touch cauliflower normally!
Top Review by Sue's Kitchen
My first attempt at cauliflower soup and I most pleased! I had to use up half a head of cauliflower so I made your soup but for 4 servings. It is delicious and didn't change anything. I'm just not too sure about the paprika and will make it without it the next time. Thanks for sharing an easy and tasty soup!!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 liters chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 50 ml double cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in butter.
- Add flour and cook slowly for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, nutmeg, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- Add the cream. Heat through and serve.