Recipe by Canadian Jane
The addition of Worcestershire sauce to this recipe gives the soup a pleasant bite. If you wish a milder flavour, it could be omitted.
Top Review by racrgal
Fantastic! Impressive for little effort. I prepared this exactly as directed. The taste was excellent. The cheese did not overpower the cauliflower and the chicken stock kept it from tasting overly milky. This is a thin soup and we prefer thicker soups. That was easily remedied by using an immersion blender for about 5 seconds simply for personal preference. Topped with a sprinkle of chives and bacon bits, this soup is elegant enough for your best dinner party.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml milk or 473.18 ml cream
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3.69 ml salt
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower in about 1 cup water. Drain and reserve liquid. Set cauliflower aside.
- Melt butter, add onion, and cook until soft.
- Blend in flour, add stock and bring to a boil, stirring well. Stir in 1 cup cauliflower liquid, milk, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add cauliflower and cheese and heat through.