1/3 Photos of Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This soup serves 6-8 people, but I suggest doubling the recipe, I could eat the whole thing myself, it's so delicious!! You can also make this with brocolli. Add in some cooked cubed potatoes also if desired. You will love this soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, extra large, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, coarsley chopped (can use more)
- 2 -3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (to taste)
- 1/3 cup butter, plus
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into small florets or chopped)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon (optional but good to use)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup full-fat whole milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1In a Dutch oven, saute onions, carrots, celery and garlic in 1/3 cup butter (can use less butter if desired) until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 2Add in cauliflower, broth, parsley, salt, pepper, basil and tarragon (if using).
- 3Cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is firm-tender.
- 4Meanwhile in a saucepan, melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter.
- 5Whisk in flour until smooth.
- 6Gradually add/whisk in milk or half and half cream, whipping cream and the broth/cauliflower mixture; bring to a boil and cook stirring for about 2 minutes,or until thickened.
- 7Add in Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- 8Remove from heat and add/stir in the sour cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.2
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 943.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 11.2 g