Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
That's why I love soup. You can do almost anything with them. If you want this soup heartier, set aside some chunked, cooked veggies. Then add them back to the pot with the pureed veggies.
- 3 cups water, plus
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- white pepper
- In a 5-quart saucepan, add all ingredients except salt and white pepper.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Strain off and reserve most of the liquid.
- Place vegetables in a food processor and puree.
- Add pureed vegetables and reserved liquid back into the pot, add salt and white pepper, and reheat.
It was good. The only thing I did differently was added 4 celery sticks. I didn't use all the liquid as I wanted a thicker soup. Sort of tasted like potato soup.
I thought this was ok. Not bad...
This was a great soup for a cold day. I was so happy to see that it didn't need any extra's (cheese-creams-flour) of any sort to thicken this soup. I most always follow a recipe, but with this one I used chicken broth, and added to bay leaf to the mix while boiling, and removed before puree it.