Recipe by grumblebee
This creamy cauliflower based dip is so delicious you'd never guess it to be low fat! Delicious as a dip for veggies, pita chips, pretzels, etc. It is also fantastic used in wraps and as a sandwich spread. (great flavourful alternative to mayo!) This is also a great way to sneak some veggies to your kids when served with crackers or chips. :)
Top Review by Amber of AZ
Yeah! I get to be the first review. I really liked this dip, but I am used to low fat eating. My family, who eats fattier foods, than me were just so - so about it. I used this dip for my relish tray for T-giving. This is a very easy dip to make and find ingredients for. Thanks for sharing a lower fat alternative for the holidays. :)
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 green onion, with top, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break cauliflower into florets. In medium saucepan, bring about 2 inches of water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Run under cold water to stop the cooking; drain well.
- In a food processor, puree cauliflower and green onion until fairly smooth. Scrape down sides, add sour cream and dressing mix. Process until combined. season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Remove to serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with fresh veggies, crackers, pita chips or anything else you want to dip. :).