1/1 Photo of Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
I found this recipe in a group of newspaper clippings I have, and decided to make it a few nights ago. The crunchy topping gives a nice texture when used with the creamy filling. Be sure not to overcook the cauliflower -- it should be slightly undercooked as it will finish up when the casserole is in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Break cauliflower into small pieces and cook until just tender. Drain and place in a shallow 2-quart casserole. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour and cook together a few minutes while stirring.
- 3Remove from heat and blend in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and simmer until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper. Pour over cauliflower in casserole. Combine the last three ingredients and spoon on top, pressing down if necessary. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 4NOTE: Broccoli can also be substituted for the cauliflower.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 847.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g