Recipe by * Pamela *
From "Trim and Terrific: Freezer Friendly Meals"
Top Review by georgia_u22
I wish this soup would have had an actual brie flavor instead of all the thyme flavor. I made some adjustments to mine. I used plain soy milk instead of skim. I did not blend it in anyway. I added instant mashed potatoes to thicken it as mine did not ever seem to thicken. I dont think this was a BAD soup at all I just bumped it up a notch to make it a heartier soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onion, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, saute onion in olive oil until transparent.
- Add cauliflower and cook on medium for 5-7 minutes stirring often.
- Sprinkle flour over tender crisp cauliflower and then pour in chicken broth.
- Add milk and cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in thyme and brie and remove from heat. Stir until brie is melted and then add salt and pepper if desired.
- Use an emersion blender to blend soup or transfer to a blender or food processor instead.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
- To freeze: Cool completely. Pour into freezer containers, label and freeze up to four months. To serve: defrost overnight in the fridge. Warm in microwave or on stove top without letting soup come to a full boil.