Recipe by looneytunesfan
The brownies have a fudge-like texture and a rich cream cheese topping. Cashews and a hot fudge swirl make these pretty bars special.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe in Taste of Home Contest Winning Recipes 2010. I love the cream cheese frosting--this is a great way to doctor up a brownie mix. Thank you for sharing this wonderful simple recipe that looks like you spent all day in the kitchen.
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge topping, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownies.
- Sprinkle with cashews; drizzle with hot fudge topping. Refrigerate before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.