Recipe by AuLait
A lowfat recipe that packs a lot of flavor! Goes well with sesame breadsticks and a green salad.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced peeled carrots
- 15 ounces canned white beans, drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled pear
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Add 2 cups water, carrots, beans, pear and rosemary; bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Purée soup in 2 batches in blender until smooth. Return to saucepan; Thin with more broth or water to desired thickness. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be doubled.