Creamy Carrot Soup (Low Fat)
- Heat oil in large saucepan, add onions and garlic, and cook until tender, adding water if necessary, to prevent drying.
- Add carrots, broth, tomato paste and rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice and carrots are tender, 30-40 minutes.
- Puree soup, in batches, in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to pan. Stir in milk, salt and pepper, and nutmeg. Reheat over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with dollop of plain nonfat yogurt.