1/3 Photos of Creamy Carrot Soup (Low Fat)
A creamy soup made with evaporated milk and rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups carrots, chopped (no need to peel-just scrub)
- 4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup uncooked white rice or 1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan, add onions and garlic, and cook until tender, adding water if necessary, to prevent drying.
- 2Add carrots, broth, tomato paste and rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice and carrots are tender, 30-40 minutes.
- 3Puree soup, in batches, in blender or food processor until smooth.
- 4Return to pan. Stir in milk, salt and pepper, and nutmeg. Reheat over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
- 5Ladle into bowls.
- 6Garnish with dollop of plain nonfat yogurt.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Carrot Soup (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g