This soup is sweet and delicious with a nice gingery bite to it. I continue to evolve this recipe over the years and who knows what next year will bring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) bag of peeled baby carrots
- 1 vidalia onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 apple, of your choice peeled and chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans chicken broth (enough to just cover the vegetables)
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2-1 cup half-and-half or 1/2-1 cup milk
- 1In a large pot, saute the onion in the olive oil for a few minutes until soft and transparent.
- 2Add the carrots, apple and ginger to the pot.
- 3Just cover the vegetables with the chicken broth.
- 4Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low.
- 5Cover the pot, and cook until the carrots are very tender.
- 6This should take about 20 minutes depending on the size of the carrots.
- 7Using a hand held blender, puree the soup until totally creamy.
- 8You can also use a traditional blender, adding the soup in batches, whirling until smooth.
- 9If you use a traditional blender make sure you have enough broth in each batch to completely puree the carrots.
- 10Add some half and half if you run out of broth before the entire pot is pureed.
- 11Return the pureed soup to the pot.
- 12Add the sugar, and taste for additional seasoning.
- 13Add half and half to create the texture that pleases you the most.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 673.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: