Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Warm, quick, and melt in your mouth good!
Make and share this Creamy Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups defatted chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the carrots and 1 cup of the stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the carrots are almost tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove 1/2 cup of the carrots and set aside.
- Stir the rice, thyme, bay leaf, pepper and the remaining 1 cup of stock into the pan. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and heat through. Add the reserved carrots and nutmeg. Serve sprinkled with the chives.
Mm... yummy and easy! (but definitely not for carrot-phobics, haha) I didn't have the spices individually on hand, so I added a capful of Mrs. Dash instead. It was a good way to use up my leftover baby carrots!