Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Canadian Living magazine. I served it as part of Christmas dinner this year and it was delicious and colourful!
- 3 lbs carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Peel carrots and cut into coins.
- Put the carrots, garlic, stock, salt, pepper, and ginger in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until the liquid is evaportated, about 10 minutes more.
- Puree in a food processor.
- Add the cream and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- (You can refrigerate at the this point if you want to make ahead.).
- Cover and heat at 400 degrees until hot (about 15 minutes but longer if it has been refrigerated.).
- Alternately, microwave at medium power until hot.
- Swirl in parsley and serve.
Very elegant side dish with beautifull, subtle flavor. Easy to fix. I served it right after pureeing it, in place of mashed potatoes.