1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from Canadian Living magazine. I served it as part of Christmas dinner this year and it was delicious and colourful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel carrots and cut into coins.
- 2Put the carrots, garlic, stock, salt, pepper, and ginger in a pan and bring to the boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- 4Uncover and simmer until the liquid is evaportated, about 10 minutes more.
- 5Puree in a food processor.
- 6Add the cream and process until smooth.
- 7Transfer to a casserole dish.
- 8(You can refrigerate at the this point if you want to make ahead.).
- 9Cover and heat at 400 degrees until hot (about 15 minutes but longer if it has been refrigerated.).
- 10Alternately, microwave at medium power until hot.
- 11Swirl in parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Carrot Puree
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 313.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g