Recipe by Sharon123
I got this from Better Homes & Gardens Diabetic Cookbook. For a "free" garnish, chop the tops of the green onions and sprinkle over the potato boats before servng.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These potatoes are so good! I used a potato masher rather than electic mixer so mine were more chunky than creamy, but still excellent! Will be making again!! Made for Sharon123 Cook-A-Thon.
- 4 small baking potatoes
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrot (or diced-may use an 8 oz. can instead of fresh)
- 4 ounces reduced calorie cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in a 375*F. oven about 45 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out each potato half, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine potato pulp, carrots, cream cheese, 1 tbls. of the milk, and salt and pepper. Beat till smooth, adding more milk if necessary. Stir in green onions.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375*F. for 15-18 minutes, or until heated through.
- Makes 8 servings.