Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lovely velvety soup, mysterious flavor. Good starter for a cornish hen dinner
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced & cooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream or 4 tablespoons yogurt
- grated orange rind (for garnish)
- Brown the onion in the butter until soft.
- Put onions carrots and chicken stock in a sauce pan.
- Add Orange juice, heat to meld the flavors.
- Puree in a food processor until very smooth season with salt& pepper and Return to saucepan and blend in the nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil stirring during cooking time.
- To serve top and swirl in two tbsp of cream (or yogurt).
This is a great soup, I used sour cream instead of whipping cream, and garnished with green onions .. We like a lighter soup so I used 3 cups of stock ..
Oh Bergy! This is sooooo.......good! My hubby balked at tasting it (he's so picky!) but he really liked it. I made a huge batch to freeze for the winter and he helped me put it in the containers...and when I turned around I caught him licking the spoon! I'd give you ten stars if I could. I did add a touch more orange juice to get the right consistency (and I used orange mango) but other than that this is great as is. Thanks you so much for sharing. I'll definitely be checking your other ecipes!
Did I miss something? I make soup a lot and usually the ratings are spot on, however after making this soup I was disappointed. It was VERY bland... Boring. I had to add a lot of extra stock, orange zest, S&P to get some sort of flavour. I would not make this again. Sorry. Also, note that the quantity is for 2 servings? Not sure why you would make soup for 2 servings?