Recipe by Elmotoo
This recipe comes from Nicavid's Bakery & Cafe in San Antonio, and I was delighted to see it published in the local paper's "Chef's Secrets" column. Delicious hot or cold.
Top Review by Dienia B.
was making la's ginger carrot soup which is good by the way and saw you big as life so i split the soups and made one of each used canned milk instead of cream turned out great
- 44.37-59.16 ml vegetable oil
- 12 medium carrots, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 piece fresh ginger, walnut-sized,peeled and smashed (or to taste)
- 2 (793.78 g) can chicken stock (or homemade)
- 828.06 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the carrots, onions, celery and ginger in the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat until vegetables have softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and again bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree, then strain it back into the saucepan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.