Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from Nicavid's Bakery & Cafe in San Antonio, and I was delighted to see it published in the local paper's "Chef's Secrets" column. Delicious hot or cold.
- Sauté the carrots, onions, celery and ginger in the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat until vegetables have softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and again bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree, then strain it back into the saucepan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
was making la's ginger carrot soup which is good by the way and saw you big as life so i split the soups and made one of each used canned milk instead of cream turned out great
Terrific rich and creamy soup! I used around half the amount of cream while cooking and added a dollop when serving. Also skipped the straining step, just processed well and really enjoyed the texture.
Really enjoyed. We added a chopped yam to the vegetables. Instead of adding the cream to the soup we put a tablespoon into the bowl and stirred to the top. (lower fats and calories.) We also added chopped basil garnish. Loved the gingery snap to it.