1/3 Photos of Creamy Carrot-Ginger Soup
This recipe comes from Nicavid's Bakery & Cafe in San Antonio, and I was delighted to see it published in the local paper's "Chef's Secrets" column. Delicious hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté the carrots, onions, celery and ginger in the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat until vegetables have softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- 2Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 3Add the cream and again bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree, then strain it back into the saucepan.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Carrot-Ginger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.8
- Calories from Fat 811
- Total Fat 90.1 g
- Saturated Fat 50.0 g
- Cholesterol 291.2 mg
- Sodium 505.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: