This recipe comes from Nicavid's Bakery & Cafe in San Antonio, and I was delighted to see it published in the local paper's "Chef's Secrets" column. Delicious hot or cold.
- Sauté the carrots, onions, celery and ginger in the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat until vegetables have softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and again bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat, then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree, then strain it back into the saucepan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.