Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a taste of home cookbook. It was one of those little ones that they sell by the checkstand in the grocery store. Even people who don't usually like carrots love this one.
- 3 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced or 2 (20 ounce) bagsof sliced frozen carrots, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- In a sauce pan, cook carrots just until cripsp-tender and then drain reserving 1/2 c of the cooking liquid.
- Place carrots in a 3 quart lightly greased casserole.
- Combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish and reserved cooking liquid.
- Spead evenly over carrots.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss bread crumbs with butter.
- Sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
I made this with Cabot brand horseradish cheese. Even more horseradishy! Served with orzo salad. Yum!